Thursday, October 05, 2006

How it Happens

So far, we have a basic procedure for making the comic:

-Tim and I are talking.
-One or both of us says something that we find funny.
-One or both of us says "That's a comic right there!"
-Tim tells me to write it down, so I don't forget.
-I don't write it down. We both forget the what the idea was.
-One of us remembers. We have a good laugh.
-Tim tells me to write it down again. I don't.
-I sketch the idea out.
-Tim looks at my sketch and does something completely different.
-His sketches are better.
-We debate about some tiny details.
-One of us adds the text that I came up with.
-We proofread.
-The comic is done!
-I tell Tim he should color it.
-Tim tells me I should color it.
-Neither of us color it.
-Someone bothers me about washing the dishes.

Normally, my pre sketches are very crude and ugly. I could put them on the fridge, and attractive women who come over would think that they were drawn by some small child that is related to me. This is actually a very good idea.

Anyway, the point of this is that I got some pre sketches done tonight that actually look good. They took forever to do, so I'm actually thinking about putting them up here somewhere. Maybe hidden away in a dusty corner.

Ok. We should have the next comic up soon.

-Paul

No comments: